Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ain't God Good?

I sit down to type this while listening to the winter winds howling around our house, causing the very upscale blue tarp in covering the opening to our garage snap back and forth, back and forth, making me keep thinking that there is someone in our garage.  Matt is out on visitation, the kids are in bed, and I don't like noises outside when I am home alone.  I don't like it one bit.  But on that end, I have some wonderful news.  In case you don't have any idea what I am talking about, you can read my post here about what happened to our garage door.  So anyway, on Sunday morning after church (I had stayed home with the kids who were still not feeling well), a lady in our church stopped by to check on us.  She stayed for a while, and as she was leaving she started asking me about the size of the door, if the doors were insulated or not, etc.  I answered as best I could, although to be honest, I don't think I have ever thought that much about a garage door before.  As she was walking out the door, she told me to have Matt call her with the exact size of the door.  So we did on Tuesday, and within an hour, she had called back, letting us know that she had ordered not only one but TWO doors (the other door is broken as well - it just stays down all the time!) and they would be delivered to our house on Monday!  AND that we were not going to pay a cent for either one!  We are so shocked and thankful at how God has provided this for us!  We were not sure how we were going to afford to get even one door!  And, as for myself, I hadn't even asked God to provide for it yet, but He did anyway!  Now to that I say a loud, "Ain't God good?!"  So, Lord willing, we will have two new doors on our garage.  What a huge, unexpected blessing!

I also wanted to update you on what is going on with my health.  Again, if you don't know much about this, you can click here to read about when I explained all that was going on.  Well, after months of seeing different drs. and having all sorts of tests, I finally got in to see a neurosurgeon, which is what I wanted from the very beginning.  They are more specialised in a case like mine.  So, I finally got to see a neurosurgeon this past Monday.  We spent a while with him talking about my symptoms and him doing different neurological and balancing tests.  Then he went over my MRI with me.  And I have some wonderful news.  First of all, the tumor that they were not totally able to remove when I was 15 - is not even detectable on the MRI!  He did not see it at all.  All he saw was fluid, which is a typical occurrence along with scar tissue, when there is a removal of a tumor and an operation.  It is most likely the fluid that is placing pressure on some nerves that is causing my strange symptoms.  So, basically, from a neurological point of view, there is nothing wrong right now.  What a huge praise.

So, there are several lumps called neruofibromas that I have (which are a result of a condition I have had my whole life), with one specifically causing concern.  This one is in my chest, sort of in the space between my two lungs.  It has doubled in size in the past 6 years.  In and of itself, the mass is not a concern.  The fact that it is growing is the problem because if it continues to do so, it can lead to more shortness of breath and other things (I am already experiencing some of this).  So, I am now being sent to a thoracic surgeon to see what they think needs to be done.  So that is where we are with that!  I thank all those who are praying for me, and ask that you would continue to pray for me.  My symptoms are not as bad as they were, and even actually stopped there for about a month.  Yay!

But I really wanted to share something that still causes me to be even more thankful for how God has taken care of me.  All throughout this whole ordeal, I have been told the same thing from almost every dr. I have seen.  And the neurosurgeon was no different.  After each dr. has seen my x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans, they all say that, medically speaking, I am a walking miracle.  If they were to have seen the "insides" of me, without knowing me or how I am today, they would say that there is no way that I would be someone who is relatively healthy, able to walk, and the mother of three healthy children from three normal, healthy pregnancies.  They tell me that it should not be possible.  The dr. on Monday actually looked me right in the eye and said, "Looking at this MRI, you should not be as healthy as you are.  It doesn't make sense.  You are a miracle." 

And that is so true - with all praise and glory going to my God.  He is the only reason that I am able to walk around, that I am healthy, that I have had three nearly "perfect" pregnancies with three "easy" labors, resulting in three BEAUTIFUL children.  It is only because of God.  And believe me, I do NOT take it for granted - ever.  It is still neat for me to hear from drs. lips how they cannot explain from science or medicine how I am doing so well today. I certainly know the answer that they don't know!  Again, I have to shout, "Ain't God good!?!  So good!"

Just some blessings I wanted to share with you all.  Hope they encourage you to "keep on keeping on" as my father-in-law says, no matter what.  Yes, hard things will happen to us.  God told us that we will have trials in this world.  Life is not easy.  But how much more wonderful and manageable it is with Almighty God on your side.  He is bigger than any fincancial, family, health, realationship issue, etc. that will ever come your way.

"Ain't God good, to give us so many blessings.  Undeserving, that's what we are.  We ought to thank Him, love and praise Him!  A little more today, and a whole lot more tomorrow!"

Until next time...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Guess what song I'm going to have stuck in MY head all night?!? ;-) Ha ha ha! Em, thanks for sharing your blessings. Made my heart glad and face smile just to read your thankfulness pouring out on the page!

Wendy said...

What blessings for your family and for others to read about :) When we serve the Lord, He may not put actual money in our pocket, but He finds ways to provide for our needs :)
That really is great news from the Dr. but we will certainly keep praying about the other tumors.